Corporate Safety Policy
Fibrix is committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees and guests. We believe that safety is more than a program with established policies. Safety is a mindset which must be developed and supported by each person every day. Fibrix employees are engaged in delivering quality products in safe and sustainable methods.
- I am responsible for my safety.
- I operate safely or not at all.
- I am empowered to act and to expect others to act in a safe manner.
- Safety is a critical part of everything I do at Fibrix!
- I wear all required personal protective equipment.
- I sustain orderliness by participating in all 5S efforts.
- I report all safety-related incidents to protect everyone.
- I actively participate in all safety training events.
Our passion is delivering high quality, innovative, nonwoven solutions with an unparalleled customer experience. We do this by embracing a culture of continuous improvement in five key areas:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Sustainability and Waste Reduction
- Employee Engagement
At Fibrix, continuous improvement is a journey, not a destination. Our journey began with an emphasis on the 5-S process and quickly expanded to include continuous improvement Kaizen events, safety audits and employee engagement surveys at each of our facilities throughout the year. Today we strive to improve what we do every day by listening to our customers, learning from our mistakes, and building a culture where improvement is celebrated and respected.
We invite you to join our journey.
The Fibrix 5S Culture
Fibrix embraces and practices the 5S culture within all its manufacturing facilities to promote a neat, clean, and efficient workplace. This process also includes a method for removing excess materials and tools from the workplace and organizing the required items such that they are easy to find, use, and maintain. The elements of 5S are simple to learn:
Eliminate whatever is not needed
Set in Order (Seiton)
Organize whatever remains
Clean the work area
Schedule regular cleaning and maintenance
Make 5S a way of life
The benefits we have derived as a manufacturing company from implementing 5S include:
- Improved safety
- Higher equipment availability
- Lower defect rates
- Reduced costs
- Increased production agility and flexibility
- Improved employee morale
- Better asset utilization
- Enhanced enterprise image to customers, suppliers, employees, and management
To build a better world, we all must change the way we live, work and play. For our part, Fibrix will do what we do best: innovate, adapt, and collaborate. We strive to lead by example and work with others to help transition to a more sustainable environment.
Our environmental initiatives include:
- Capturing and reusing edge-trim during manufacturing which dramatically reduces the amount of waste going to landfills.
- Aligning with key suppliers who specialize in producing high quality fiber from recycled pre-industrial, post-industrial and post-consumer waste.
- Implementing scrap buy-back programs with key customers to recycle their fiber scrap.
- Collaborating with customers to minimize packaging materials that are often thrown away upon receipt. This further reduces the waste stream while at the same time reducing the amount of space required for shipping which lowers the number of truckload deliveries required.
- Replaced our fleet of tractors with new higher efficiency model vehicles improving overall fleet efficiencies while reducing CO2 greenhouse gas emissions.
We are proud to say that we have long been – and remain – committed to doing our part by applying our science and engineering expertise to create sustainable solutions to all of the markets we serve. Over the next decade, we will continue to reduce our own footprint; deliver ever-increasing value to customers and contribute resources and expertise towards creating a cleaner tomorrow.